Thursday, December 18, 2008

Jumping on the movie train

1. Pick 16 of your favorite movies.2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.3. Post them here for everyone to guess...see how many you can get without resorting to Google! Quotes that involve more than one speaker have italics.


1.I understand that you were handicapped by a natural immaturity, and I forgive you.

2.Look, just because some man in a red coat hands you a sword it doesn't make you a hero!

3.There is something you should understand about the way I work. When you need me but do not want me, then I must stay. When you want me but no longer need me, then I have to go. It's rather sad, really, but there it is.

4.I do not attempt to deny that I think very highly of him - that I greatly esteem him... I like him. Esteem him? Like him? Use those insipid words again and I shall leave the room this instant.

5. I want you to remember you're supposed to be the chaperone on this trip.

Now let's get this straight, Gus. The chaperone's job is to see that nobody else has any fun. Nobody chaperone's the chaperone. That's why I'm so right for this job.

6.Then it must be the sugar. The sugar? Did you get the Belgian vergeoise like I told you? Are you telling me that you can taste what kind of sugar I've used? Of course not, but I can taste which kind you didn't use.


7. A fish saved my life once. How? I ate him.

8. Forth, and fear no darkness! Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises! Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride! Ride to ruin and the world's ending!

9.. Make anyone cry today? Sadly, no. But it's only 4:30.

10.Ancestors, I ask you for your guidance. Blessed mother, come to me with the Gods' desire for my future. Blessed father, watch over my wife and son with a ready sword. Whisper to them that I live only to hold them again, for all else is dust and air. Ancestors, I honor you and will try to live with the dignity that you have taught me.

11. If I make a mistake, it hurts me. Do you understand that? I mean, actual physical pain. That's very 'Gordon Ramsay'. [stunned silence] We don't use that name in this kitchen. Didn't your father tell you? It's bad luck to say it out loud. Just call him 'The Scottish Chef'.

12.Why? Do you even know why they sent you? It's not my place to ask. I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. So me and mine gotta lay down and die... so you can live in your better world? I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... any more than there is for you. Malcolm... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done.

13.And how would you beat him? With a stick. While he slept. But on a horse, with a lance? That man is unbeatable.

14. Why?... Why do you love me? Because I came alive when I met you.

15. I don't care whose fault this was, just get it sorted! And could someone please bring me something deep fat fried and smothered in chocolate...

16. I set dinner on the dining room sideboard at six. Breakfast is ready at nine. I don't stay after dinner. Not after it begins to get dark. We live in town, nine miles, so there won't be anyone around if you need help... We couldn't even hear you. No one could. No one lives any nearer than town... No one will come any nearer than that. In the night... In the dark.

3 comments:

Bree said...

8: I think the Two Towers?
9: I hate the way you talk to me and the way you cut your hair...but mostly I hate the way I don't hate you, not even a little, not even at all!
12: Serenity! Yay for us both loving this movie!
13: A Knight's Tale!

Bridgete said...

2. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.
3. Nanny McPhee
4. It's either Sense and Sensibility or Pride and Prejudice. I'm leaning towards S&S...
5. 10 Things I Hate about You.
13. A Knight's Tale
14. My Big Fat Greek Wedding...I think?
16. The Haunting.

On 15, I can hear it being spoken in a British accent but I can't for the life of me remember the movie...lol.

The rest I don't know. Although I'm going to agree with Bree on 12. There's another movie I need to buy...

CSD Faux Finishing said...

1. Armageddon
4. Sense and Sensibility
8. LOTR: Return of the King (Viggo - slurp)

This is so fun lol

#15 is so familiar but I can't place it...