It's been a long time since I did one of these (that's what he/she said!)
1. What is your occupation?
Patissiere (that's French for 'female pastry cook'
2. What color are your socks right now?
The same color they always are....oh, wait, you meant the ones I'm wearing right now. None, but my toenail polish is Ulta-mate Party Girl.
3. What are you listening to right now?
Scotland, PA, which my housemates are watching.
4. What was the last thing that you drank?
Water. So refreshing. And good for you too.
5. Can you drive a stick shift?
Haven't tried in over 25 years.
6. What color would you be, if you were a color?
I'm a mood ring - it always changes.
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
No one actually sent it to me, but I like the two people who posted it first.
9. How old are you today?
15 days shy of 45. How did that happen? Aside from the obvious - not dying.
10. Favorite drink?
Alcoholic. No wait, seriously - in no particular order - water, good coffee, good chai, sweet tea, almost frozen coke or pepsi, Mac Murray Ranch Pinot Noir, Rosa Regale Bruchetto d'Aqui and a mojito.
11. Favorite sport to watch?
Crash! Ow! Sorry, fell out of the chair laughing. Not a sports fan. Although I do like comedies about sports...Dodgeball and Blades of Glory are masterpieces.
12. Have you ever dyed your hair?
Please see blog entry entitled "cuz I'm a blonde, yeah yeah yeah
Um, we're talking non-human, right? 1 dog (12year old mutt named Puppy) 2 fancy goldfish (Willow & Xander - Buffy didn't make it). Duncan, my sister's groovy cat, and my housemate's three birds - Murray the evil nanday conjure and 2 little zebra finches, Patsy & Edina. Their cheeping sounds like the squeaking of tiny bedsprings.
14. Favorite Food?
This week it's red pepper hummus, sugar snap peas, strawberries, cherries and mango. Not all together.
15. Last movie you watched?
Never Cry Werewolf on the SciFi channel. Hey, I was housesitting. Options were limited. Yes, it was just as bad as you are probably thinking. But it was nice that Kevin Sorbo got work.
16. What is your favorite time of the year?
Spring and fall - earth wakes up, earth goes to bed. It's groovy. And usually in my favorite temperature range of 45-70.
17. What do you do to vent anger?
I refuse to answer on the grounds that anything I say may be used against me later.....
18. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Easy Bake Oven! No contest!
19. Cherry or Blueberry?
Yes. Cherries by themselves (only a few more weeks until the Rainiers!) Blueberries with lemon curd or in a fruit salad.....yummy. But not as juice or soda! Puh! Puh I say!
20. Do you want your friends to email you back?
does this really apply in a blog context?
21. Who is most likely to respond?
22. Who is least likely to respond?
23. Living arrangements?
crowded at times. especially the refrigerator. I'm going to have to rearrange and consolidate my housemates' stuff just so I can get space for my own food.
24. When was the last time you cried?
In a good way or a bad way?
25. Who is the friend you've had the longest that you are sending this to?
This is just posting.
26. Who is the friend you have had the shortest that you are sending this to?
Still just posting
27. Favorite smell?
baking bread, baking pastry, grass and flowers in the sun, coffee
28. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers?
I would say cheese, but meat's kind of grossing me out these days. So, none of the above.
29. Favorite Car you owned?
I really like my 1995 Subaru Legacy station wagon. It's very useful, will probably last a long time still, and it's dark green. I inherited it from my mom.
30. Favorite Dog breed?
Mutts. Oh, sorry. The pc term is 'random breed'.
31. Number of keys on your key ring?
house, house, car, chef's house, kitchen, culinary school (should give that back since I don't work there anymore...) and mini swipe cards for king soopers, petsmart, and a couple others I don't remember and I'm too lazy to go look.
32. How many years at your current job?
one and a half, if you count the intern phase. one and three months if you don't.
33. Favorite day of the week?
The one that ends in 'y'
34. How many states have you lived in?
Washington DC, Maryland, Virgina, West Virgina, Florida, New York and Colorado. Lived it up in Hawaii.
35. What is your greatest love in life?
To crush the enemy, see him driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of.....oh, wait. That's what Conan loves best in life. The big essay question really shouldn't be at the end of 35 questions. Ok, greatest love - creation. All kinds - from plants bursting into life, ducklings hatching, growing, being eaten, escaping being eaten, dough rising - creation is good.