Monday, January 21, 2013

My crockpot. I think I'll Keep It.

There's roasted chicken under
that tatziki
Today I tried a couple of recipes I found on Pinterest: crockpot rotisserie chicken and naan-like flatbreads.

The chicken is so easy, and comes out amazingly tender.  The only differences from the store-bought kind are the lack of chemicals ( a plus) and the skin doesn't get crispy. I don't eat the skin anyway, so no problem. Just blend some spices, add a bit of water to make a paste, and rub it outside and inside a chicken. Spray the inside of the crockpot, plop the chicken inside, put on the lid and turn on the heat. I put it on the low 8-hour setting.

The naan recipe comes from Chewoutloud.com and is also easy to make. It's probably as close to real naan as you can get without a 900 degree tandoori oven.  The author has a chicken tikka masala recipe that sounds super tasty. I may have to have a dinner party someday soon :)

No comments: