Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mind like a Hamster Wheel

It's been in the 70's all week.  It makes me want to plant, even though I know it's not really Spring...there's bound to be cold,nasty weather lurking.
Also, if I go with Plan A, I won't have time for the garden this summer. 


I made it to writing group. I did not do homework. But after about twenty minutes of fictionalizing one of my recent nightmares, my brain got into its little hamster wheel and refused to get out. Most of it has to do with school.  Plan A- A&P II and microbiology in summer school. Pro- prerequisites would be done, could take fall semester off.  Con- 10 weeks of hell.
Plan B- A&P II this summer with my study partner, micro and something in the fall. Pro- not so crazy. Con- prerequisites not done until December.
Plan C- take the summer off, take A&P II and microbiology in the fall.  Pro- summer off.  Con- study partner is taking A&P this summer, and prerequisites not done until December.


Does that one semester really matter so much?  I don't know.  I do know that I'm afraid that if I stop, I won't start again. But if my head explodes from cramming 7 body systems and multitudes of micro-organisms into it, I won't be much use to myself, let alone anyone else. And so the hamster wheel keeps spinning, and my lists don't help.  It might be just as effective to pick an option from a hat.  

1 comment:

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

Your position is a tough one, big pros & cons to each plan. When you finish both does that mean you're done? Like 'yea here's your diploma!', done, or are you just 2 classes closer to finishing sometime next year? Too bad they don't sell 3 sided coins huh? A quick toss & all would be decided...good luck with it!