Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A brief, spoiler-free Deathly Hallows comment

My sister told me that some people, mostly those who had not read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, found the new movie to be a bit slow.

Me: Yeah....I don't remember all that much happening in the first part of the book. It's more toward the end.
Sister: What? Blah blah happens, and then blah blah happens by page 15.
Me: Blah blah?!?! What? No!
Sister: Yes. Blah blah. Don't you remember?
Me: No...I must have blanked that out. Blah blah. That's awful.
Sister: And then blah blah, about a quarter way in.
Me: Awwww, no. Not blah blah. That sucks.
Sister: You did read the book, didn't you?
Me: Once. When it first came out. I remember the end, though.
Sister: You remember the last 50 pages. What about the other 709?
Me: Well...there was a lot of searching, and travelling, and talking, hmmm. Maybe I read it too fast. I need to slow down and pay attention. (Pause) Blah blah? Really?

2 comments:

disabled account said...

Oh my god belgian ROFLS! That's great!
Mom and I are planning on seeing it tomorrow...maybe with the boys, maybe just us. You can come if you don't have big thanksgiving plans.

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

With her head firmly hung low the reader admits to never having opened a single one of the Harry Potter novels and only seeing the first four movies.

Luckily, with her head down she will not feel the many things flung her way from the surprised anguish of those who have no idea how she has lived so long without this in her life.

Happy Thanksgiving!